Fered-Fenton Oxidation Process Technology
Chemical oxidation is to decompose organics to carbon dioxide and water with oxidant, and the most effective technology is Advanced Oxidation Processes (AOPs). Fenton technology is one of AOPs, which utilizes H2O2 to generate ‧OH (the oxidation potential is only lower than fluorine) using Fe2+ as catalyst. The mechanism is:
H2O2 + Fe2+ → ‧OH + OH- + Fe3+ → Fe(OH)3↓
Fered-Fenton oxidation (FentonⅢ) is one of the Fenton family methods. In Fered-Fenton oxidation, the Fe3+ can be reduced to Fe2+ at cathode. Therefore, the Fe2+ can react with H2O2 continuously, which also means the use of H2O2 is increased and thus the dosage of H2O2 is decreased. Moreover, the oxidation of organics can be also occurred at anode spontaneously. The mechanism at cathode is:
Fe3+ + e- → Fe2+
Generally speaking, Fered-Fenton oxidation is used in the range of 1,000~50,000 mg/L COD wastewater treatment. The COD removal is up to 80~99% and has less 50% generated sludge compared to Fenton oxidation.
The Fered-Fenton oxidation system is composed of a neutralization tank, FentonⅢ tank, power supply and control and dosing system. Wastewater is neutralized to proper pH and then flown to FentonⅢ tank to proceed electrolysis/oxidation, and some of the treated wastewater is flown back to neutralization tank.
The advantages of Fenton regent are:
- Environmentally friendly：Not like other oxidants such as NaOCl, no chlorinated organic byproducts generates.
- Small construction space：The oxidation is fast so that the required reaction time is only 0.5~2 hrs compared to bio-treatment. Therefore, the space of reactor can be reduced.
- High flexibility：During operation, when high concentration wastewater occurs, it only needs to increase the dosages of Fe2+ and H2O2.
- Easy to operate：Only chemical addition and pH control are required.
- Low installation cost：Only 1/3~1/4 compared to conventional bio-treatment system.
- Strong oxidation：Many kinds of toxic chemicals such as vinyl chloride, BTEX, chlorobenzene, 1,4Dioxane, aldehyde, pentachlorophenol, polychlorinated biphenyl, TCE, DCE, PCE, EDTA, MTBE, MEK, etc.
- Fered-Fenton system is composed of Reactor, Fered-Fenton Tank, Power Supply, Controller and Dosing system. The process is below, treated wastewater flows into reactor, and the pH in the reactor is adjusted to an optimal value. Then, the wastewater in the reactor is pumped into Fered-Fenton tank undergoing electrolysis and oxidation reaction. After reaction, the wastewater is pumped back to reactor again.
- High COD wastewater in Chemical Industry
- High COD wastewater in Metal Surface Treatment Industry
- High COD wastewater in Printed Circuit Board Industry
- High COD wastewater in IC and Semiconductor Industry
- FAR EASTERN NEW CENTURY CORP. (Process Wastewater；600CMD)
- SYN-TECH CHEM. & PHARM. CO., LTD. (Process Wastewater；500CMD)
- AU OPTRONICS CORP. (Process Wastewater；15CMD)
- TAIWAN POWER COMPANY (LINKOU) (Process Wastewater；200CMD)
- JIE JING ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINNERING CORP. (Process Wastewater；100CMD)
- KUNSHAN FUDIN PRECISION MACHINERY INDUSTRIAL CO., LTD. (Process Wastewater；10CMD)
- HULK ENERGY TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD. (Process Wastewater；12.3CMD)
- AXUNTEK SOLAR ENERGY CO., LTD. (Process Wastewater；5CMD)
- APEX DYNAMICS, INC. (Process Wastewater；)
- UNITED MICROELECTRONICS CORP. (Process Wastewater；)
- TAIWAN UNION TECHNOLOGY CORP. (Process Wastewater；)
- CHANGSHU HOPAX CHEMS MFG.CO.,LTD. (Process Wastewater；500CMD)
- TASCO CHEMICAL CORP. (Process Wastewater；72CMD)
- CHANG CHUN PETROCHEMICAL CO., LTD. (Process Wastewater；4,000CMD)
- FAR EASTERN NEW CENTURY CORP. (Process Wastewater；100CMD)
- SILICONIX ELECTRONIC CO., LTD. (Process Wastewater；10CMD)
- GOLDENCHAMPION IND. LTD. (Process Wastewater；560CMD)
- CHINA PETROCHEMICAL CORP. (Circulating wastewater and RO concentrated wastewater；9,600CMD)